Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Hens

So about a week and half ago, I attended a Hens. which had a Play Boy Bunny theme. I was somewhat apprehensive in going mainly because I knew that a lot of the ladies that were attending were skinny asian women.
I am far from being a skinny asian woman. I'm very lucky that I happen to be 169cm tall which means when I top the scales at 79kgs. I don't look as obese as I feel. w In saying all of this- 10 years ago. I weighed a mere 55kgs. I'm not sure what the heck happened in those 10 years. Oh wait! I know- I ate a lot of food. Anyway- needless to say, I am slightly bigger than most of the typical asian woman who are usually size 6(or smaller). But in the end, I convinced that as much as I wasn't skinnier like the rest of them, why do I even care what they think? Even if I happened to be as skinny as them, would it matter? Actually it would matter because no matter how hard I try, I couldn't bring myself to be that hungry, I mean skinny. Clearly skinny genes have left my system and this is the body that I'm now blessed with. If I can't accept my body in its current state- who will?
Living with my ex-husband who always "encouraged" me to lose weight made me feel fat. But I've come to realize that in many ways- it was my ex-husband and my mother who started to make me feel incredibly insecure about my body. There is nothing wrong with being a size 14.
In saying that- there is something wrong about being lazy. If I was a fit size 14 body, I'd own it. In reality, I eat terribly(think Maccas for breakfast, KFC for dinner), I don't exercise. Therefore I am a walking timebomb. One day- I'll end up with either a stroke/heart attack.

I don't know if losing weight will be my goal but being healthy will be moving forward.

Which means, I need to cut down on my sugar/fat intake.

As a pledge to myself. I will cease to eat from fast food (maccas/kfc/red rooster/hungary jacks etc) and limit my coke intake to 1 can a week (preferably quitting altogether).

And I need to start exercising more. It's not a need. My body is desperate for this now.
If I lose weight, doing this. Great. If I don't- that's okay. At least I know I won't be conking out having a heart attack.

I have started this process already- the last 2 weeks, I've been snacking on carrots/celery/nuts instead of packets of chops *pats own shoulder*. And I'm starting to feel much better!

Anyway- back to the hens...
I don't know what my apprehension was all about. I think I held my own okay. Corsets do wonders! 

Fun fact: I ate so much (probably the party pies) that I popped one of the pins (you can't tell in the photos)

I had a lot of fun, although I was ready to hang my dancing shoes by 10pm.




No comments:

Post a Comment