Sunday, November 8, 2015

Baby shower

Having attended a baby shower today reaffirmed my belief that Im never going to have children.

Personally, I have consciously missed the boat on several occasions. Sometimes I look back and they hurt slightly but then again, how would I have coped as a single mother. Not well.

It was an awkward baby shower, for me anyway because many of the women I had met today, had met me when I was gushing over my engagement to my now ex husband.

Obviously the next time, we met up again, we have now gone on a different route altogether.
But obviously they werent to know and tje inevitable question of my ex spouse naturally came up which made everybpdy else around me slightly awkward.
And that has become my life as such these days- being around people who feel awkward what would naturally be a normal question.

Nonetheless it was overall a pleasant baby shower. Lots of gifts and plenty of food.

And for a woman of 31- i find my cluckiness has stopped. Maybe its because of this divorce, maybe its age. I know I am mentally preparing myself to come to terms that, I myself will never have children. I AM PERFECTLY OKAY WITH THIS.
Why that had to be in caps, no idea.

But its nice when other people have babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment