This is Charlie, my 3 year old Pug/Poodle. He doesn't look like a pug or a poodle. But no matter!
I love him all the same.
Charlie has been the most loyal dog I've ever owned- slightly deranged but that's okay.
He's super friendly if you happen to be human, deranged if you happen not to be human. He dislikes other dogs and animals in general.
He wasn't socialised properly as a pup and the problem has exacerbated as he got older. In saying this, he tolerates the 2 other dogs and cat that also lives with him.
He's been there for me through thick and thin. When I've been alone in that house, crying to myself- he was one that that comforted me during those God awful times.
He stayed by my side, licked my hand when I needed him to and stayed by the bathroom door whilst I got ready each morning.
Charlie- has been a blessing for me.
I didn't know it then- when I bought him home as a puppy but it would turn out to be the best decision I'd ever make in my life- to date.
Without him, I don't know exactly how I would have coped in the last 6 months.
He may be a dog, but to me, he's been my rock, my everything... and yes- he may slightly be ever spoilt. But how can I not?

No comments:
Post a Comment