Friday, October 2, 2015

Housewarming- cash or gift?

Maybe Im old fashioned or just uptight...

Some of my friends are attending a house warming party and the hosts has requested cash instead of gifts for their new home.

Personally I think if your going to ask for other peoples cash, then you shouldnt hold a house warming.

I always thought that housewarmings were about you wanting to have people over to see your new home and that they get you a house related gift so you can furnish it.

Maybe its what people do in the 21st century. Im not too sure, i never got to host my own house warming. We lived in our newly purchased home for all of 3 weeks before my ex called it quits and I didnt have the willpower nor the mood to want to celebrate the next 4 weeks that I got live there.

Like my other posts, i dont think Ill ever be able to be able to buy my own home, so ill never be one to be able to experience my own house warming. Thats somewhat a sobering thought isnt it?

But if I ever do get to own my own place- would it be cash or gift?
Would would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment