Thursday, October 8, 2015

Where i think im supposed to be

This is going to be one of those self reflection posts type thing...so it be a bit depressing but its a great way for me to express myself, and basically get off my chest so that I can move on and lift some burden off my mind(so there will be a few of these along my blogging journey)

Today i spoke to my boss who advised me that i received the standard pay increase( actually i did a lot better than most) and that my promotion and actual pay increase will follow after the new changes are made. That may be a few more weeks yet.

The irony with this is this is exactly what my ex husband had wanted for me but at the time when I was with him, it wasnt what I was seeking. I  just wanted a basic job that i could clock on and off with minimal stress, basically i figured id be on maternity leave so it wouldnt matter what i did or how much i got paid.

Its even more ironic, that I also achieved in attaining my agents representative accreditation after our relationship ended.

But hey- shit happens.

It almost feels like this is where I need to be in life. I may not have initially wanted this or asked for any of this but life does have an interesting way of changing your view of whats important.

For me, right now- it's this career that i am slowly developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment