Monday, October 26, 2015

Looking back to move forward

I love using the function on facebook where you can view all of your posts that occurred "this time last year" for subsequent years. Its called "on this day".

I am a frequent facebook updater so its turned out to be a great function to see where I was in the past.

It just so happens that this day 3 years ago my ex husband had proposed to me on a flight from Melb to  sydney.
Had someone told me back then that it would end up in tears, I probably would not believe them.

It didn't make me sad seeing this on Facebook. In fact, I came to realize even back then we werent right for each other and we just compromised too much. Where we are today is the product of consequences that neither of us wanted to face.

I wasn't even sad or bitter, more or less- i shrugged it off. Having no feeling toqards an event that happened. I feel like finally i am moving away from the complexities of emotional attachment to my ex.
And today was that day that help me realize that.

I know this because i really wish him all the best. In saying this- i wouldnt want to be his friend nor have anything to do with him. In general, as a life rule- i stay away from people who have caused great hurt and pain to my heart and the people around me.

i do however look forward to my future. I want to be able to look back in three years time and see how far Ive gotten with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment